The album will be available as a 1 CD and a deluxe 2 CD record from 11 November 2016 and will be followed by a double vinyl album version on 6 January 2017, and is now available to pre-order from Amazon.co.uk.
The two-disc version of Legacy, combines 40 of Bowie’s greatest hits, from his breakthrough single ‘Space Oddity‘ to his closing Blackstar track ‘I Can’t Give Everything Away’, many presented in the form of their single edits.
Legacy also collects the hits made in collaboration with other artists: ‘Under Pressure‘ with Queen, ‘Dancing in the Streets’ with Mick Jagger and his vocals on Pat Metheny Band’s ‘This Is Not America‘.
Legacy will also be available as a single-disc, 20-track collection. Check Bowie’s site for the track list to that version.
The compilation is the latest in a string of posthumous releases following Bowie’s January death, including his recent box set Who Can I Be Now? [1973 – 1975] and the upcoming Lazarus Cast Album, featuring Bowie’s final recordings.
Legacy track listing
- Space Oddity
- The Man Who Sold The World
- Oh! You Pretty Things
- Life On Mars? (2016 mix)
- Starman” (original single mix)
- Ziggy Stardust
- Moonage Daydream
- The Jean Genie” (original single mix)
- All The Young Dudes
- Drive-In Saturday
- Rebel Rebel
- Young Americans” (original single edit)
- Golden Years” (single version)
- Sound And Vision”
- “Heroes” (single version)
- Boys Keep Swinging”
- Ashes To Ashes” (single version)
- Fashion” (single version)
- Queen & David Bowie – Under the Pressure
- Let’s Dance” (single version)
- China Girl” (single version)
- Modern Love” (single version)
- Blue Jean
- David Bowie with the Pat Metheny Group – This Is Not America
- David Bowie & Mick Jagger – Dancing In The Street
- Absolute Beginners (edit)
- Jump They Say (radio edit)
- David Bowie with the Pet Shop Boys – Hallo Spaceboy (PSB Remix)
- Little Wonder (edit)
- I’m Afraid Of Americans (V1 edit)
- Thursday’s Child (radio edit)
- Slow Burn (radio edit)
- Everyone Says ‘Hi’ (edit)
- New Killer Star (radio edit)
- Where Are We Now?
- Lazarus (radio edit)
- I Can’t Give Everything Away (radio edit)